Attorney at Law

Practicing U.S. Immigration Law


www.westkinassociates.com   5th Floor Maddox House, 1 Maddox Street, Mayfair, London, W1S 2PZ




(419) 463-6358


P.O. Box 436 / Fremont, Ohio 43420 / U.S.


I am licensed and in good standing with the State of Illinois, and I have been since 1997. You can click here to confirm my registration.

Areas of Representation

I only practice U.S. immigration law. My area of expertise is family immigration, but I can work in other areas also.

I can represent clients from throughout the United States and from around the world. That is because U.S. immigration law is federal in jurisdiction.

When Should an Attorney Be Consulted ?

An attorney should be consulted for any of the following reasons:

1. to obtain a professional opinion about the case,

2. to have a professional perform the work of the case,

3. if there is a serious problem with the case. In U.S. immigration law,
a serious problem includes, but is not limited to, the following:

* entering the United States without a visa or inspection

* overstaying a visa

* a criminal offense more serious than a parking ticket (or having that
on one’s record, even if it has been sealed or expunged)

* violating the terms of a visa

* illegal use or possession of drugs

* having a serious illness or a serious medical condition

* etc.

Services and Fees

The first step is an initial consultation. I would listen and ask questions while you would tell me about your situation. Everything would remain confidential. It would last about an hour. It would be by telephone. Afterwards, I would give you my opinion.

The fee for an initial consultation is $50 (USD). If you are interested, please send me an email with a short description (one paragraph) of your situation. I will reply in order to schedule the consultation.

After an initial consultation, my fee would be $150 (USD) per hour.

In all cases, the client is fully responsible for all government filing fees and other expenses.

If You Cannot Afford an Attorney

In the United States, Legal Aid provides free or low-cost legal assistance for people who genuinely cannot afford to hire an attorney. There are many different, local organizations of Legal Aid in the United States. To find one near you, type the words “legal aid” and your closest city into a search engine (like Google).

Also, there is a large amount of free, reliable information about immigrating to the United States at two websites of the U.S. government. These websites also have free forms that are used in immigration cases.

One website is at http://travel.state.gov. It is for the U.S. Department of State, Consular Affairs. It is about visas, passports, and entering the U.S.

The other website is http://uscis.gov. It is for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (what used to be called the INS). It is about immigration in general.


The material at this webpage is not legal advice; it is only general information. Reading this webpage does not make John Gfoeller your attorney, and it does not make you his client. Hiring an attorney should not be based upon advertisements; be sure to perform your own, independent research.